Frequently Asked Questions:
Body Slimming Solution employs a technology referred to as “Lipo-Light” that uses light emitting diodes (LED) to specifically contour the body by losing inches in circumference off specific body areas (waist, hips, thighs, arms, neck). The treatment offers 4-16 pads (depending on the area) that are strapped directly to the problem areas that are resistant to diet and exercise.
Watch the short videos below to learn more.
How can Light Emitting Diodes (LED) reduce fat?
The light (635nm) emitted from the LEDs cause the fat cell membranes to alter the permeability of the cell. This brief change allows the fat contents to seep out from the cell into the interstitial space from where it can be processed by the lymphatic system.
What happens to the fat?
After being released, triglycerides are broken down into free fatty acids and glycerol and enter the blood stream. Once in the blood stream, several things may occur:
- Some of the free fatty acids are readily available to be used as fuel by the body during exercise.
- What is not consumed as energy will get to the liver where it will either be oxidized or re-processed for storage. It is unknown how much gets oxidized versus re-stored, but results suggest that fat does indeed get oxidized (no visible or measurable redistribution of fat in the treated areas)
What type of results can I expect?
Individuals have lost anywhere from two inches to six inches* over a course of a typical treatment plan.
- Do not be sick during your treatment visit. As a rule, sick clients will not be treated. Please wait until your condition has improved. Clients who have a condition listed in the contraindications document will not be treated.
- Hydration is critical. Drink plenty of water (ideally at least 8 glasses of 8 oz of water) spread out throughout the day. Diuretics (coffee, alcohol, etc.) are discouraged as they not allow fat to seep from the cell wall as efficient when properly hydrated.
- The lymphatic system should be mobilized. Post treatment exercise is essential. You must be willing to stay active and burn at least 350 calories every day with your preferred choice of cardio exercise. Cardio activities may include things like walking, jogging, running, bikes riding, spinning, etc. A typical person can burn over 350 calories with a simple 45 minute brisk walk.
*Individual results vary and are not guaranteed.
Penetration depth is 10 to 12 mm. The treatment consists of 4-16 pads (depending on the area treated) that each contain 28 ultra-bright diodes. Each pad has an optical output of 450mw per pad.
How is this different than traditional fat reduction procedures like liposuction?
Liposuction is an invasive procedure involving the mechanical removal of fat cells. By contrast, the Body Slimming Solution technology is completely non-invasive, and only affects and reshapes the fat cells being treated. Our technology does not compete with liposuction; it is simply a body shaping option available to clients who do not wish to undergo a surgical procedure.
Anecdotal evidence suggests that clients undergoing our treatments have noticed an improvement in skin tone and texture.
Does the Body Slimming Solution technology improve the appearance of cellulite?
Anecdotal evidence suggests that clients undergoing our treatments have noticed an improvement in the appearance of cellulite.
Can the Body Slimming Solution technology cause cancer?
No. Body Slimming Solution employs technologies that use LED in the visible spectrum (635nm) to stimulate our cells to be more efficient and accelerate the rate of naturally occurring processes. There has never been any indication that this type of treatment may cause cancer. However, clients with cancer, or who are undergoing cancer regimens should not be treated. For more information, please refer to our list of contraindications.
Body Slimming Solution uses Lipo-Light technology. Lipo-Light is based on the pioneering cold light research of NASA and leading clinicians. Lipo-Light does not use surgery, lasers, heat, freezing, ultrasound cavitation, microwaves, or RF (Radio Frequencies).